November 14, 2005

Life is hard but it's just too bad, man

Yeah yeah, no posts, and no excuses this time. I'm just lazy. Anything resembling coherent thought seem to be harder to come by at the age of 24. As I get older I only seem to grow angrier and more intolerant. Where is the wisdom that I was promised with age? Where are the life-changing experiences I heard so much about when I was younger? Anyway, some shout-outs to the people who saturday 6th made my view of life slightly less grim for a second or two: You know who you are. You know I'm grateful.

Alright, so that last part there was a blatant rip-off from Blur. Did I mention how I feel even less creative than last year? But that's what it's all about, right? Not being complacent with the way things are, not being pleased with oneself, isn't that supposed to be necessary for personal growth? One year of a persons life is just time, after all, unless one actually learns something in that period. And very few people do. To the people who refuses to awaken, those who considers this news story (about a Norwegian football player with a cold (that's soccer to any raving lunatics, or Americans if you prefer, who should happen to stumble upon this blog)) worthy of the front page of Norway's most popular "news"paper: Stop stealing berries from my dad's garden. Also, sharpen up: As much as I hate to admit it, the world can't do without you. You are the reason it's all so fucked. Think about that.
And if that's not enough to get that old, underemployed brain working, consider this: Someone will rape and kill you and your family unless the world changes. If it doesn't happen by itself, I will hire somebody. But enough angry ranting, let's bring in the joy for a moment. Because:

The quality of my life is about to skyrocket. The reason? This wonderful gadget. Yes, music really is that important. Here's the proof: A blind couple making quite uplifting music. And have you heard of these guys? Their unnamed album (you know, that white one) is one of the best ever made. And while we're on the subject, why is it that popular music so often sucks? Is it any wonder it's all going down the drain? Do you believe me if I say that someone asked me, just the other day, who the Beatles are? I thought not. But I swear it's the truth. No, really. I'm not saying everone should like them (even though I will think you're a moron if you don't), but one should at least recognize their impact on modern music. Oh, wait. Did I just say no more ranting? Bah, let's be honest: That's what you come here for.

(The author would like to apologize for any badly written, unfunny, or just plain rude parts of this post. Well, not really.)

No comments: