January 24, 2006

Swing it

Saw Swingers last night. Last time I did was about 10 years ago, at which time I enjoyed it. Luckily I didn't remember much except that it was funny and charming, which made last night's viewing all the more sweet. Now, however, the movie resonated in a way denied me the last time, 'cause hey, let's face it: I was no playa at the age of 14.
That's not saying I am one now, but at least I know the score. I've seen the cruel, eat-or-be-eaten world of the nubs and the nightclubs. And that's why the main characters continued rejections and mishaps gets me straight in the self-esteem, while knocking my chair back laughing. I feel with the guy, I laugh knowingly with him at his embarrasing fuck-ups and, in the end, I taste the victory, I feel the bunny between my teeth (as they say..) when he finally strikes paydirt. So, with no further ado: As always, I command you to take a jog down to the video store, rent Swingers, and enjoy. Afterwards you may masturbate if you want. Just watch it through to the end first (you can hold it that long, can't you?). Because: It's money, baby.

And this place is dead, anyway.

No comments: