March 23, 2007

Coincidentssesss

Something strange: At work the other day (I'm copying job ads from pdf-files and magically putting them on the internet) I overheard one of the salespeople at my department mention a familiar name. It was the name of the folk high school (look people, I have no idea how to translate that properly. It's a kind of one-year, optional playschool we have in Scandinavia, after high school, where we are supposed to evolve as human beings and express ourselves creatively, but most people just end up drinking lots of beer) I went to six years ago, and found this amusing. I didn't think much about it, though, until I was handed this ad, and told to, magically, make it appear on the internet. It turned out to be the very same school, and they were looking for a new principal.

I was dumbstruck. Call me soft if that makes you feel better, but I have fond memories of my time at Skjeberg, and seeing the natural order of things disturbed in such a way makes me a bit uneasy. That Mr. Skjeberg himself is retiring is just plain wrong. I have been patient with this so-called "time" for a while now, but I've had it. It needs to stop. It's bad enough that it's making me slightly older, but now it's starting to mess with things that should not be changed. I fear for the very fabric of reality.

Also, his successor has got some pretty big shoes to fill, so let's hope he has large, smelly feet (actually, the smell just comes naturally with having big feet). And another also: Is it really a coincident that the principals of both my high school and my folk high school (a direct translation that still doesn't sit quite right) has the same first name? I strongly doubt it. Also (again), I am about to read about principalities in Machiavellis The Prince. Make of this what you will. I choose to hide, for the time being.

Were these strange happenings strange enough to justify an entry in this blog? I like to think so. And, well, with me being God and everything, that's pretty much all that matters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The unique is incomparable, it stands alone."

It is neither yourself nor the speed of time that seems to be your burden. I've seen this happen to people before and even experienced it myself... YOU, I think, are rather comfortable with the amount of things you do and the time you spend on doing them.

You are a victim of comparison.

To compare will either result in seeing oneself as accomplishing too
little, too slowly or beeing superior to others when it comes to ones achivements.

Do you want people to see your work in comparison to others? And do you compare others yourself, my friend....?

Simen said...

You think to mutch yes?