March 20, 2006

Tigers and Monsters

Right. I'm trying to update this thing at least once a week these days, so excuse me if some of the posts (like this one) might seem a bit unnecessary. I'm quite drained of everything resembling energy, creativity and will to move. This is because of a small city called Oslo, which I've now returned to. Once called the tiger-town by some depressed writer, it's a city that makes one want to run through the streets with a lawnmower, Braindead-style. It's tiny, but thinks it's huge, it's rabidly obsessed with money and appearances, it's got some of the most americanized people in Norway who somehow manages to proclaim their disgust for the same country-god they worship. In other words, it's probably like every damn city in the world: Depressing as hell, but one cannot help but love it. The point: I'm back, baby, and I'm having a bad day. Let's just chalk it up to urban lag, not because I've crossed a time zone, but because I've been thrust straight into another fucking dimension..

..which ties into my next item nicely. Oh, and if you're of a nervous disposition, or rather, if you don't enjoy having your nerves torn out of your skin, tossed around, chewed, spit out and pissed upon, you might wanna ignore this next part. But if you, on the other side, love having nightmares (hey, it's better than being bored all the time, right?) you really should consider a vacation. Clicky this linky to see an.. advert.. for a nice, foggy tourist town. They are expecting you.

No comments: