September 17, 2007

Poem to the People

A sudden burst of inspiration compelled me to write a short poem. Here it is:

Fear is the mindkiller
If you just stop and face it
If you turn and embrace it
Then
you
will
get
eaten

It might be called "Fear is the painkiller" or it might be called nothing at all, FYI. You're probably wondering about why I chose to split that last sentence the way I did. A stroke of genius, you say? The truth is, it was simply a way to make a rather bad punchline seem more poem-y. But now, some news (for those who still care): I have not forgotten about this blog the way its readers have. In fact, I have a pretty damn large post about Bioshock lying silently in wait on my hard drive. I tried to post it before, but Blogger and MS Word are not on particularly friendly terms, it would seem, and I hadn't really the stamina to reformat the bastard. But it's on the way, rest assured. This is probably the last time I'm going to promise Big Action Updates, if I don't stand and deliver it's goodbye and goodnight. Now it's make or break, hide the salami time for Angry-La!

Back to what's really important here: My poem. Neat, isn't it? Discuss.

No comments: