June 17, 2005

Angry-La: The Epic

Due to a severe lack of will to move I have spent most of the day checking up on webcomics. No longer a rare and wonderful thing, it can indeed be hard to navigate the absurd amounts of endlessly drawn-out "sagas" that go nowhere. But fret not! for I am here to guide you through the wilderness.

Well, not really. But at least I can give you my opinion on the ones I bothered to read through today. My point of origin was Topwebcomics, which has a list of comics to vote for, not necessarily including the, well, top web comics. Still, it's a place to start, and if you're willing to excuse some of the drudgery there's some nice ones available, too.

Second on TWCs list is Inverloch, a seemingly quite traditional fantasy tale with the uneven pacing and sometimes downright annoying dialogue that seems to plague these sorts of comics. Still, I was entertained.
Far better, at least in premise, was the current #3, Earthsong. As of today, however, the story hasn't gotten anywhere, and while the dialogue is mostly better, the pacing is much, much worse.
Girl Genius was a lot of fun, but there wasn't nearly as much material to go through at once. It's quite different from the other two, though.

The problem, at least for me, is that I haven't really got the patience to wait for a new page to be published. I want the whole story, and I want it now. Anyways, go have a look, or don't, I really don't care. You're not going to miss a life-changing work of art, that's for sure, but if you're bored, then by all means: Click like crazy.

No comments: